The Frick Art & Historical Center is open to the public thanks to the generosity of Helen Clay Frick, daughter of Henry Clay Frick. When the Frick family moved to New York in 1905, Helen remained attached to Clayton, her Pittsburgh home. Her long-time wish was for Clayton and the surrounding estate to be preserved and opened to the public after her death. In 1970, Helen had The Frick Art Museum constructed to allow public enjoyment of her art collection. Miss Frick returned to Pittsburgh in 1981 and lived at Clayton until her death in 1984. Open to the public in 1990, Clayton now welcomes over 100,000 visitors a year and provides them with an intimate glimpse into the life of the Frick family a century ago.
7227 Reynolds Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15208